AAP accuses Congress men of indulging in booth capturing in Amethi
Amethi: AAP candidate Kumar Vishwas Wednesday accused Congress workers of indulging in booth capturing here to save the prestigious seat, a charge denied by the district administration.
"Booth capturing is going on at booth number 42 of Mehmoodpur...," Vishwas alleged on Twitter.
In another tweet, he alleged that information about large scale booth capturing, fake voting and intimidation of workers is coming from various places but the observers and district administration are not taking any action on complaints which are being sent through phone, email and SMSes.
However, District Magistrate Jagat Raj Tripathi denied the charges.
"No such complaint has been found correct. Polling is going on smoothly," he said.
The seat is witnessing a fierce battle between Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, trying hard to maintain his 3.70 lakh winning margin during last elections, BJP`s Smriti Irani who is riding on "Modi wave" and Vishwas, who has been camping here for the last six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?