AAP accuses Congress men of indulging in booth capturing in Amethi
Amethi: AAP candidate Kumar Vishwas Wednesday accused Congress workers of indulging in booth capturing here to save the prestigious seat, a charge denied by the district administration.
"Booth capturing is going on at booth number 42 of Mehmoodpur...," Vishwas alleged on Twitter.
In another tweet, he alleged that information about large scale booth capturing, fake voting and intimidation of workers is coming from various places but the observers and district administration are not taking any action on complaints which are being sent through phone, email and SMSes.
However, District Magistrate Jagat Raj Tripathi denied the charges.
"No such complaint has been found correct. Polling is going on smoothly," he said.
The seat is witnessing a fierce battle between Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, trying hard to maintain his 3.70 lakh winning margin during last elections, BJP`s Smriti Irani who is riding on "Modi wave" and Vishwas, who has been camping here for the last six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate