AAP accuses Congress men of indulging in booth capturing in Amethi
Amethi: AAP candidate Kumar Vishwas Wednesday accused Congress workers of indulging in booth capturing here to save the prestigious seat, a charge denied by the district administration.
"Booth capturing is going on at booth number 42 of Mehmoodpur...," Vishwas alleged on Twitter.
In another tweet, he alleged that information about large scale booth capturing, fake voting and intimidation of workers is coming from various places but the observers and district administration are not taking any action on complaints which are being sent through phone, email and SMSes.
However, District Magistrate Jagat Raj Tripathi denied the charges.
"No such complaint has been found correct. Polling is going on smoothly," he said.
The seat is witnessing a fierce battle between Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, trying hard to maintain his 3.70 lakh winning margin during last elections, BJP`s Smriti Irani who is riding on "Modi wave" and Vishwas, who has been camping here for the last six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'