AAP alleges assault on its workers by Congress supporters
Bangalore: AAP today alleged that four of its workers were assaulted by supporters of Karnataka Minister D K Shivakumar during voting near Ramanagar in Bangalore Rural Lok Sabha constituency, where his brother is the Congress candidate.
"Some 100 Congress workers, supporters of Shivakumar, assaulted four of our party workers at Mayaganahalli near Ramanagar," AAP Bangalore Rural candidate Ravikrishna Reddy alleged.
Shivakumar`s brother D K Suresh, who had won Bangalore Rural bypoll following the resignation of JDS chief H D.
Kumaraswamy after he became an MLA in May Assembly elections last year, is seeking re-election.
Reddy alleged AAP campaign agent Chandan was attacked after he tried to take pictures when money was being allgedly distributed to voters.
"They also attacked three other AAP volunteers who suffered injuries," he said.
A police complaint would be lodged, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH