AAP alleges assault on its workers by Congress supporters
Bangalore: AAP today alleged that four of its workers were assaulted by supporters of Karnataka Minister D K Shivakumar during voting near Ramanagar in Bangalore Rural Lok Sabha constituency, where his brother is the Congress candidate.
"Some 100 Congress workers, supporters of Shivakumar, assaulted four of our party workers at Mayaganahalli near Ramanagar," AAP Bangalore Rural candidate Ravikrishna Reddy alleged.
Shivakumar`s brother D K Suresh, who had won Bangalore Rural bypoll following the resignation of JDS chief H D.
Kumaraswamy after he became an MLA in May Assembly elections last year, is seeking re-election.
Reddy alleged AAP campaign agent Chandan was attacked after he tried to take pictures when money was being allgedly distributed to voters.
"They also attacked three other AAP volunteers who suffered injuries," he said.
A police complaint would be lodged, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you