AAP alleges assault on its workers by Congress supporters
Bangalore: AAP today alleged that four of its workers were assaulted by supporters of Karnataka Minister D K Shivakumar during voting near Ramanagar in Bangalore Rural Lok Sabha constituency, where his brother is the Congress candidate.
"Some 100 Congress workers, supporters of Shivakumar, assaulted four of our party workers at Mayaganahalli near Ramanagar," AAP Bangalore Rural candidate Ravikrishna Reddy alleged.
Shivakumar`s brother D K Suresh, who had won Bangalore Rural bypoll following the resignation of JDS chief H D.
Kumaraswamy after he became an MLA in May Assembly elections last year, is seeking re-election.
Reddy alleged AAP campaign agent Chandan was attacked after he tried to take pictures when money was being allgedly distributed to voters.
"They also attacked three other AAP volunteers who suffered injuries," he said.
A police complaint would be lodged, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack