AAP alleges assault on its workers by Congress supporters
Bangalore: AAP today alleged that four of its workers were assaulted by supporters of Karnataka Minister D K Shivakumar during voting near Ramanagar in Bangalore Rural Lok Sabha constituency, where his brother is the Congress candidate.
"Some 100 Congress workers, supporters of Shivakumar, assaulted four of our party workers at Mayaganahalli near Ramanagar," AAP Bangalore Rural candidate Ravikrishna Reddy alleged.
Shivakumar`s brother D K Suresh, who had won Bangalore Rural bypoll following the resignation of JDS chief H D.
Kumaraswamy after he became an MLA in May Assembly elections last year, is seeking re-election.
Reddy alleged AAP campaign agent Chandan was attacked after he tried to take pictures when money was being allgedly distributed to voters.
"They also attacked three other AAP volunteers who suffered injuries," he said.
A police complaint would be lodged, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him
- 1 killed, dozen hurt in building collapse after cylinder blast
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 628—Pragya decides to fight back