AAP alleges assault on its workers by Congress supporters
Bangalore: AAP today alleged that four of its workers were assaulted by supporters of Karnataka Minister D K Shivakumar during voting near Ramanagar in Bangalore Rural Lok Sabha constituency, where his brother is the Congress candidate.
"Some 100 Congress workers, supporters of Shivakumar, assaulted four of our party workers at Mayaganahalli near Ramanagar," AAP Bangalore Rural candidate Ravikrishna Reddy alleged.
Shivakumar`s brother D K Suresh, who had won Bangalore Rural bypoll following the resignation of JDS chief H D.
Kumaraswamy after he became an MLA in May Assembly elections last year, is seeking re-election.
Reddy alleged AAP campaign agent Chandan was attacked after he tried to take pictures when money was being allgedly distributed to voters.
"They also attacked three other AAP volunteers who suffered injuries," he said.
A police complaint would be lodged, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands