AAP claims candidate attacked, police dismisses
Patna: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday alleged that its candidate for East Champaran constituency Amit Kumar Choube and his supporters were attacked with guns by BJP workers at Panpur Bazar area, but police said it was an incident between two marriage parties.
AAP state Campaign Committee Secretary Prabhat Kumar alleged that while they were campaigning in the area, local BJP workers attacked them and one of them pointed a country-made pistol at the forehead of one AAP volunteer and threatened to shoot him.
"Other AAP volunteers managed to snatch the firearm from him while his accomplices ran away. We have lodged an FIR with the Harsiddhi police station and submitted the seized pistol," Kumar said and complained that police had not taken any action against the culprits.
Dismissing the allegations of inaction, Harsiddhi SHO Jay Prakash Prasad said an FIR had been lodged in connection with an incident.
"It was not a political clash. It was related to two marriage parties. The pistol that has been deposited with us is not in good shape. Its trigger is not working. We are investigating the case," said Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch