AAP demands repolling at 50 polling stations in Amethi
Amethi: Alleging widespread rigging and disturbances, Aam Aadmi Party`s Kumar Vishwas today demanded repolling in at least 50 polling stations in the Amethi Lok Sabha constituency.
"Despite my repeated requests and complaints, the administration could not take proper action against the anti-social elements who disturbed the polling process," said Vishwas, who is in the fray along with 33 others including Congress vice president and sitting MP Rahul Gandhi and BJP`s Smriti Irani.
Vishwas said that his legal adviser and former Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti had lodged complaints of irregularities with both the observers sent by the Election Commission -- R Ramakrishnan and Sanjiv.
The voter turn-out in the high-profile constituency was 55.2 per cent, District Information Officer R N Singh said, adding in the last Lok Sabha polls it was only 49 per cent.
However, senior poll officials in Amethi said that the polling was largely peaceful.
District Magistrate (DM) of Amethi Jagat Raj Tripathi, who is also the Returning Officer, thanked all of his team members engaged in polling duty for their contributions in ensuring free, fair and impartial elections.
Superintendent of police (SP) Hira Lal also joined the DM and said that the poll activities went smoothly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks