AAP files complaint against Farooq Abdullah
Srinagar: Aam Aadmi Party Thursday demanded cancellation of Union Minister Farooq Abdullah`s candidature, alleging that he had given "misleading" information about his age to the Election Commission.
AAP has filed a complaint to the Returning Officer for Srinagar parliamentary constituency in this regard.
The complaint, filed by chief election agent of the party for the constituency Shahnawaz Sultan, alleges that Abdullah declared his age as 66 years in an affidavit during the 2008 assembly elections, but has mentioned it as 77 years in an affidavit submitted along with his nomination papers for Lok Sabha elections on April 7 this year.
"It is requested that his (Abdullah`s) candidature may be cancelled for filing a misleading affidavit," AAP demanded in its complaint.
Abdullah, father of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, is the candidate of the ruling National Conference (NC)- Congress alliance from the constituency.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on