AAP files complaint against Farooq Abdullah
Srinagar: Aam Aadmi Party Thursday demanded cancellation of Union Minister Farooq Abdullah`s candidature, alleging that he had given "misleading" information about his age to the Election Commission.
AAP has filed a complaint to the Returning Officer for Srinagar parliamentary constituency in this regard.
The complaint, filed by chief election agent of the party for the constituency Shahnawaz Sultan, alleges that Abdullah declared his age as 66 years in an affidavit during the 2008 assembly elections, but has mentioned it as 77 years in an affidavit submitted along with his nomination papers for Lok Sabha elections on April 7 this year.
"It is requested that his (Abdullah`s) candidature may be cancelled for filing a misleading affidavit," AAP demanded in its complaint.
Abdullah, father of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, is the candidate of the ruling National Conference (NC)- Congress alliance from the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back