AAP files complaint against Farooq Abdullah
Srinagar: Aam Aadmi Party Thursday demanded cancellation of Union Minister Farooq Abdullah`s candidature, alleging that he had given "misleading" information about his age to the Election Commission.
AAP has filed a complaint to the Returning Officer for Srinagar parliamentary constituency in this regard.
The complaint, filed by chief election agent of the party for the constituency Shahnawaz Sultan, alleges that Abdullah declared his age as 66 years in an affidavit during the 2008 assembly elections, but has mentioned it as 77 years in an affidavit submitted along with his nomination papers for Lok Sabha elections on April 7 this year.
"It is requested that his (Abdullah`s) candidature may be cancelled for filing a misleading affidavit," AAP demanded in its complaint.
Abdullah, father of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, is the candidate of the ruling National Conference (NC)- Congress alliance from the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Italy rescues around 1,100 migrants in Mediterranean
- Usain Bolt was poor, eating beef helped him win nine medals in Olympics: BJP MP Udit Raj
- After Gilgit, PoK and Balochistan, 'azaadi' slogans resonate in Pakistan's Sindh – Watch
- Gold price inches down on steady dollar, Fed rate hike remains on cards
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir after 51 days, restrictions continue in parts of Srinagar, Pulwama