AAP files complaint against Farooq Abdullah
Srinagar: Aam Aadmi Party Thursday demanded cancellation of Union Minister Farooq Abdullah`s candidature, alleging that he had given "misleading" information about his age to the Election Commission.
AAP has filed a complaint to the Returning Officer for Srinagar parliamentary constituency in this regard.
The complaint, filed by chief election agent of the party for the constituency Shahnawaz Sultan, alleges that Abdullah declared his age as 66 years in an affidavit during the 2008 assembly elections, but has mentioned it as 77 years in an affidavit submitted along with his nomination papers for Lok Sabha elections on April 7 this year.
"It is requested that his (Abdullah`s) candidature may be cancelled for filing a misleading affidavit," AAP demanded in its complaint.
Abdullah, father of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, is the candidate of the ruling National Conference (NC)- Congress alliance from the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends