AAP files complaint against Farooq Abdullah
Srinagar: Aam Aadmi Party Thursday demanded cancellation of Union Minister Farooq Abdullah`s candidature, alleging that he had given "misleading" information about his age to the Election Commission.
AAP has filed a complaint to the Returning Officer for Srinagar parliamentary constituency in this regard.
The complaint, filed by chief election agent of the party for the constituency Shahnawaz Sultan, alleges that Abdullah declared his age as 66 years in an affidavit during the 2008 assembly elections, but has mentioned it as 77 years in an affidavit submitted along with his nomination papers for Lok Sabha elections on April 7 this year.
"It is requested that his (Abdullah`s) candidature may be cancelled for filing a misleading affidavit," AAP demanded in its complaint.
Abdullah, father of Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, is the candidate of the ruling National Conference (NC)- Congress alliance from the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured