AAP names Kulkarni for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday named Sunil Digambar Kulkarni as its candidate from Vadodara Lok Sabha constituency against BJP`s Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi and Madhusudan Mistry of Congress.
A Mechanical Engineer, Kulkarni works as a social worker in the infrastructure field and has been associated with the party since its early days.
Narendra Modi, who is also contesting from two Lok Sabha seats, is also in the fray from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh where AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal is in the ring to challenge him.
Vadodara goes to polls on April 30.
The party also fielded Subash Chander as its candidate from Shimla in Himachal Pradesh. Polling is scheduled to take place in Shimla on May 7.
The announcement came on the day when former High Court judge Fakhruddin, who was named the party`s candidate in Rae Bareli against Congress president Sonia Gandhi, withdrew from the fray.
However, the reasons for his withdrawal are not yet known.
With Fakhruddin`s exit, party sources said that social worker Archana Srivastava may be named the AAP candidate from the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read