AAP names Kulkarni for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday named Sunil Digambar Kulkarni as its candidate from Vadodara Lok Sabha constituency against BJP`s Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi and Madhusudan Mistry of Congress.
A Mechanical Engineer, Kulkarni works as a social worker in the infrastructure field and has been associated with the party since its early days.
Narendra Modi, who is also contesting from two Lok Sabha seats, is also in the fray from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh where AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal is in the ring to challenge him.
Vadodara goes to polls on April 30.
The party also fielded Subash Chander as its candidate from Shimla in Himachal Pradesh. Polling is scheduled to take place in Shimla on May 7.
The announcement came on the day when former High Court judge Fakhruddin, who was named the party`s candidate in Rae Bareli against Congress president Sonia Gandhi, withdrew from the fray.
However, the reasons for his withdrawal are not yet known.
With Fakhruddin`s exit, party sources said that social worker Archana Srivastava may be named the AAP candidate from the seat.
- Canadian asked to leave Nepal over controversial social media posts
- Kangana Ranaut breaks her silence on ‘black magic’ allegations
- Pakistan Army chief General Raheel Sharif approves death sentences of 11 terrorists
- Rajya Sabha ethics panel recommends expulsion of Vijay Mallya with immediate effect
- 2,200 SBI PO jobs offered: Apply by May 24