AAP reiterates demand for re-polling in Gurgaon booths
New Delhi: Reiterating its stand, the Aam Aadmi Party on Monday asked the Election Commission to conduct repolling in a few booths of the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency.
The party has alleged rigging in a few booths.
"We submitted a scientific analysis of the polling station wise turnout data which established that there was a cluster of booths that recorded abnormally high turnout, upwards of 90 percent or even 95 percent, that these were concentrated in the areas where we had complained about rigging and that the dispersion of turnout did not follow normal statistical pattern in the three segments (Nuh, Firozpur-Zhirka and Punhana) of the constituency", party leader and AAP candidate from Gurgaon Yogendra Yadav said in a letter to the Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath.
"This statistical analysis suggests that rigging may have been more wide-spread that the 110 Polling Stations that we have mentioned in our original complaint," Yadav said.
Yadav said his party had complained about this on the polling day itself (10th April). It had given details of the nature of irregularity in 110 polling stations and provided audio-visual evidence to back up their claims.
"My party and I have demanded repolling in these 110 polling stations to ensure free and fair elections," Yadav added, expressing disappointment that he was yet to get a formal response of his representation from the Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy