AAP reiterates demand for re-polling in Gurgaon booths
New Delhi: Reiterating its stand, the Aam Aadmi Party on Monday asked the Election Commission to conduct repolling in a few booths of the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency.
The party has alleged rigging in a few booths.
"We submitted a scientific analysis of the polling station wise turnout data which established that there was a cluster of booths that recorded abnormally high turnout, upwards of 90 percent or even 95 percent, that these were concentrated in the areas where we had complained about rigging and that the dispersion of turnout did not follow normal statistical pattern in the three segments (Nuh, Firozpur-Zhirka and Punhana) of the constituency", party leader and AAP candidate from Gurgaon Yogendra Yadav said in a letter to the Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath.
"This statistical analysis suggests that rigging may have been more wide-spread that the 110 Polling Stations that we have mentioned in our original complaint," Yadav said.
Yadav said his party had complained about this on the polling day itself (10th April). It had given details of the nature of irregularity in 110 polling stations and provided audio-visual evidence to back up their claims.
"My party and I have demanded repolling in these 110 polling stations to ensure free and fair elections," Yadav added, expressing disappointment that he was yet to get a formal response of his representation from the Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug