AAP slams BJP for disrupting Kejriwal`s campaign
New Delhi: AAP on Friday slammed the BJP for allegedly disrupting Arvind Kejriwal`s campaign in Varanasi twice and has termed it as "acts of frustration".
"The sudden spurt in the growing BJP attacks on the Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal at Varanasi is a clear reflection of the frustration in the Narendra Modi camp. In less than 12 hours, BJP workers under guidance from their state and national leadership, have twice attempted to disrupt Kejriwal?s campaign in Varanasi" AAP said in a statement.
"In full public view, the AAP leaders have been pushed, abused and shown obscene gestures by BJP workers," it said.
Kejriwal is contesting against BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi from the temple town.
The party alleged that after Thursday night`s condemnable incident, the BJP workers once again tried to disrupt Kejriwal`s padyatra today morning in the city by raising slogans, using unparliamentary language and showing obscene gestures in presence of the residents.
"It is shocking that the BJP, which was claiming a Modi wave in Varanasi, stands exposed, since the people are witnessing cheap politics being practiced by BJP which is all about abuses, obscenity, stones, sticks and eggs.
"The BJP?s emphasis on trying to scare its political rival by using violent and cheap tactics is putting the basic principle of parliamentary democracy under threat. Instead of debating issues concerning the people, the BJP appears to have decided to take the route of imposing its undemocratic views on the people," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?