AAP slams VK Malhotra`s statement on attack on Kejriwal
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday condemned BJP`s Delhi election in-charge V K Malhotra`s statement describing the attack on Arvind Kejriwal as a "publicity stunt", alleging the party "has forgotten all norms of decency in public life".
"Malhotra, who is already under the Election Commission`s glare for his inflammatory remarks, has once again made a highly irresponsible statement, which clearly shows BJP has forgotten all norms of decency in public life," AAP said in a press statement.
Malhotra`s terming the attack on the AAP leader as a publicity stunt proves "a rattled BJP will go to any extent in its desperate attempt to criticise AAP", the statement said.
AAP is of the view that there is a clear pattern in the growing attacks on Kejriwal, which have become more pronounced since Kejriwal began campaigning for Lok Sabha elections. This is fifth attack on the AAP leader during last five weeks, which include the attacks in Gujarat, Varanasi and Haryana.
AAP leaders will continue to meet people and fight for their issues and will not be cowed down by such attempts of vested interests to derail the party`s bonding with `aam aadmi`, said the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days