AAP slams VK Malhotra`s statement on attack on Kejriwal
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday condemned BJP`s Delhi election in-charge V K Malhotra`s statement describing the attack on Arvind Kejriwal as a "publicity stunt", alleging the party "has forgotten all norms of decency in public life".
"Malhotra, who is already under the Election Commission`s glare for his inflammatory remarks, has once again made a highly irresponsible statement, which clearly shows BJP has forgotten all norms of decency in public life," AAP said in a press statement.
Malhotra`s terming the attack on the AAP leader as a publicity stunt proves "a rattled BJP will go to any extent in its desperate attempt to criticise AAP", the statement said.
AAP is of the view that there is a clear pattern in the growing attacks on Kejriwal, which have become more pronounced since Kejriwal began campaigning for Lok Sabha elections. This is fifth attack on the AAP leader during last five weeks, which include the attacks in Gujarat, Varanasi and Haryana.
AAP leaders will continue to meet people and fight for their issues and will not be cowed down by such attempts of vested interests to derail the party`s bonding with `aam aadmi`, said the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America