AAP slams VK Malhotra`s statement on attack on Kejriwal
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday condemned BJP`s Delhi election in-charge V K Malhotra`s statement describing the attack on Arvind Kejriwal as a "publicity stunt", alleging the party "has forgotten all norms of decency in public life".
"Malhotra, who is already under the Election Commission`s glare for his inflammatory remarks, has once again made a highly irresponsible statement, which clearly shows BJP has forgotten all norms of decency in public life," AAP said in a press statement.
Malhotra`s terming the attack on the AAP leader as a publicity stunt proves "a rattled BJP will go to any extent in its desperate attempt to criticise AAP", the statement said.
AAP is of the view that there is a clear pattern in the growing attacks on Kejriwal, which have become more pronounced since Kejriwal began campaigning for Lok Sabha elections. This is fifth attack on the AAP leader during last five weeks, which include the attacks in Gujarat, Varanasi and Haryana.
AAP leaders will continue to meet people and fight for their issues and will not be cowed down by such attempts of vested interests to derail the party`s bonding with `aam aadmi`, said the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown