AAP writes to EC demanding security in Varanasi
New Delhi: The AAP has written to the Election Commission demanding deployment of central security forces and senior central observers in Varanasi to ensure party candidate Arvind Kejriwal`s Lok Sabha election campaign is not marred by violence.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has written to the Election Commission following several attacks by goons and BJP activists and also on account of attack on its former Delhi law minister Somnath Bharti in the holy Hindu city Wednesday.
"It appears there is a concerted attempt on the instructions and instigation of sections of the leadership of the BJP to encourage and abet these attacks," says the AAP letter to the EC.
It has also told the poll panel the party fears the attacks would escalate in the days to come, so the request for security.
The AAP leaders have also alleged local police authorities are unable and unwilling to do anything to stop the attacks or identify and apprehend the masterminds behind these attacks.
Kejriwal is contesting from the Varanasi Lok Sabha constituency against BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof