AAP`s Nainital candidate sent to jail for violating poll code
Rudrapur: Aam Aadmi Party candidate from Nainital Lok Sabha seat Balli Singh Cheema and two of his associates were Tuesday sent to jail for staging a sit-in outside the SSP`s camp office here last night in violation of the model code of conduct, police said.
14 other AAP workers arrested for the same offence were let out on bail but Cheema and two of his associates refused to take bail and were sent to jail, Udham Singh Nagar SSP Ridhim Agarwal said.
17 AAP members, including Cheema, were arrested last night for staging a dharna outside the SSP`s office to protest alleged?seizure of his campaign vehicle?by authorities a couple of days ago.
Terming it a "harassment", Cheema alleged his vehicle was seized despite the fact that he had the mandatory permission to use it for campaigning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof