About 60 lakh voters chose NOTA in Lok Sabha polls
New Delhi: Close to 60 lakh voters opted for the None of The Above (NOTA) option across the country while exercising their franchise in the 16th Lok Sabha polls with the maximum percentage of the electorate going for this choice in Puducherry.
As per data updated till 11:20 P.M., the NOTA vote share stood at 1.1 per cent of the total votes polled, which boils down to a total of 59,78,208 votes.
A total of 3 per cent of voters in Puducherry, or 22,268 votes, opted for the NOTA. This was followed by Meghalya with 2.8 per cent (30,145), Gujarat 1.8 per cent (4,54,880) Chhattisgarh 1.8 per cent (2,24,889), Dadra and Nagar Haveli 1.8 per cent (2,962).
The other states included: Odisha- 1.6 per cent (3,28,060), Bihar- 1.6 per cent (5,76,348), Mizoram- 1.5 per cent (6,495), Jharkhand- 1.5 per cent (1,90,241), Daman and Diu- 1.5 per cent (1,316), Madhya Pradesh- 1.3 per cent (3,91,837), Sikkim 1.4- per cent (4,259), Tamil Nadu- 1.4 per cent (5,74,712).
Also, Tripura- 1.2 per cent (23,783), Kerala- 1.2 per cent (2,10,561), Goa- 1.2 per cent (10,103), Rajasthan- 1.2 per cent (3,27,902), Uttarakhand- 1.1 per cent (48,043), West Bengal- 1.1 per cent (5,68,276), Arunachal Pradesh 1.1 per cent (6,216).
Assam- 1.0 per cent (1,47,057), Maharashtra- 0.9 per cent (4,32,181), Himachal Pradesh- 0.9 per cent (29,156) and Delhi- 0.5 per cent (39,690), among other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court