About 60 lakh voters chose NOTA in Lok Sabha polls
New Delhi: Close to 60 lakh voters opted for the None of The Above (NOTA) option across the country while exercising their franchise in the 16th Lok Sabha polls with the maximum percentage of the electorate going for this choice in Puducherry.
As per data updated till 11:20 P.M., the NOTA vote share stood at 1.1 per cent of the total votes polled, which boils down to a total of 59,78,208 votes.
A total of 3 per cent of voters in Puducherry, or 22,268 votes, opted for the NOTA. This was followed by Meghalya with 2.8 per cent (30,145), Gujarat 1.8 per cent (4,54,880) Chhattisgarh 1.8 per cent (2,24,889), Dadra and Nagar Haveli 1.8 per cent (2,962).
The other states included: Odisha- 1.6 per cent (3,28,060), Bihar- 1.6 per cent (5,76,348), Mizoram- 1.5 per cent (6,495), Jharkhand- 1.5 per cent (1,90,241), Daman and Diu- 1.5 per cent (1,316), Madhya Pradesh- 1.3 per cent (3,91,837), Sikkim 1.4- per cent (4,259), Tamil Nadu- 1.4 per cent (5,74,712).
Also, Tripura- 1.2 per cent (23,783), Kerala- 1.2 per cent (2,10,561), Goa- 1.2 per cent (10,103), Rajasthan- 1.2 per cent (3,27,902), Uttarakhand- 1.1 per cent (48,043), West Bengal- 1.1 per cent (5,68,276), Arunachal Pradesh 1.1 per cent (6,216).
Assam- 1.0 per cent (1,47,057), Maharashtra- 0.9 per cent (4,32,181), Himachal Pradesh- 0.9 per cent (29,156) and Delhi- 0.5 per cent (39,690), among other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad