Actor Raja Bundela to seek separate statehood for Bundelkhand
Bhopal: Movie actor and BJP leader Raja Bundela said here on Thursday that he would raise the issue of a separate state of Bundelkhand at the party forum, at an appropriate time after the polls.
"I am very much committed to the cause of a separate Bundelkhand state, but this is not an appropriate time, since elections are on. I will definitely raise the issue at the party forum at a proper time," Bundela who pledged his support to make Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi the country`s prime minister told reporters here today.
"The issue has already been discussed with senior party leaders and I will be take up again after polls, since the BJP is also in favour of creating smaller states," Bundela, who is set to campaign vigorously for the BJP from April 11, said.
He said that he has been dedicated to the cause of a separate state of Bundelkhand and its overall development since the beginning.
Bundela also criticised Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi for not doing anything for the Bundelkhand region, except for visiting the house of an old woman for whom he did not do anything.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him