Actor Raja Bundela to seek separate statehood for Bundelkhand
Bhopal: Movie actor and BJP leader Raja Bundela said here on Thursday that he would raise the issue of a separate state of Bundelkhand at the party forum, at an appropriate time after the polls.
"I am very much committed to the cause of a separate Bundelkhand state, but this is not an appropriate time, since elections are on. I will definitely raise the issue at the party forum at a proper time," Bundela who pledged his support to make Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi the country`s prime minister told reporters here today.
"The issue has already been discussed with senior party leaders and I will be take up again after polls, since the BJP is also in favour of creating smaller states," Bundela, who is set to campaign vigorously for the BJP from April 11, said.
He said that he has been dedicated to the cause of a separate state of Bundelkhand and its overall development since the beginning.
Bundela also criticised Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi for not doing anything for the Bundelkhand region, except for visiting the house of an old woman for whom he did not do anything.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug