After denying ticket, BSP shows door to MP Dhananjay Singh
Jaunpur: Bahujan Samaj Party today expelled its sitting MP from Jaunpur, Dhananjay Singh, who is facing several criminal cases including murder and rape, for anti-party activities.
Singh, who was elected as MP on BSP ticket in 2009 Lok Sabha elections, had announced to contest as an Independent candidate after being denied ticket by the party.
BSP zonal coordinator of Mirzapur and Varanasi Ram Kumar Kureel today said that the party chief Mayawati has directed to expel Singh for not acting "as per the norms".
He is expected to file his nomination papers tomorrow.
Singh and his wife were arrested on November 5 last year in connection with the death of their 35-year-old maid in Delhi.
The MP, who already faces charges of murder and offences under the UP Gangsters Act, was arrested for allegedly destroying evidence, not informing the police about the maid`s death immediately and employing a juvenile as domestic help.
He is also facing trial in a rape case. Singh was accused of repeatedly raping and criminally intimidating a 42-year-old woman, a railway employee, between 2005-2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’