After Smriti Irani`s complaint, EC asks Priyanka Gandhi`s PRO to leave Amethi
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Amethi: The District Returning Officer on Wednesday asked Priyanka Gandhi Vadra`s PRO Preeti Sahay to leave Amethi constituency after a war of words broke out between Bharatiya Janata Party leader Smriti Irani and the PRO at a polling booth.
Smriti objected to Sahay`s presence in Amethi and had a heated argument with her, following which she left in a huff. Later, the Returning Officer asked Sahay to leave Amethi.
Amethi, considered to be a high profile constituency, is witnessing a high-pitched battle between Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, Smriti Irani and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Kumar Vishwas.
In the last few days, Priyanka has been extensively campaigning for her brother Rahul.
Meanwhile, the AAP today complained to the EC Commission that several booths in Amethi in UP have been captured, but the poll panel found the charge to be unfounded after verification and said voting there was progressing peacefully.
The EC said AAP has also alleged rigging in 13 other booths in Amethi but sector magistrates who visited the booths found that no untoward incidents have taken place.
AAP has also alleged that Congress candidate Rahul Gandhi is moving in Amethi in a cavalcade.
Amethi is among the 15 seats in Uttar Pradesh which went to polls today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt