After Smriti Irani`s complaint, EC asks Priyanka Gandhi`s PRO to leave Amethi
Zee Media Bureau/Biplob Ghosal
Amethi: The District Returning Officer on Wednesday asked Priyanka Gandhi Vadra`s PRO Preeti Sahay to leave Amethi constituency after a war of words broke out between Bharatiya Janata Party leader Smriti Irani and the PRO at a polling booth.
Smriti objected to Sahay`s presence in Amethi and had a heated argument with her, following which she left in a huff. Later, the Returning Officer asked Sahay to leave Amethi.
Amethi, considered to be a high profile constituency, is witnessing a high-pitched battle between Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, Smriti Irani and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Kumar Vishwas.
In the last few days, Priyanka has been extensively campaigning for her brother Rahul.
Meanwhile, the AAP today complained to the EC Commission that several booths in Amethi in UP have been captured, but the poll panel found the charge to be unfounded after verification and said voting there was progressing peacefully.
The EC said AAP has also alleged rigging in 13 other booths in Amethi but sector magistrates who visited the booths found that no untoward incidents have taken place.
AAP has also alleged that Congress candidate Rahul Gandhi is moving in Amethi in a cavalcade.
Amethi is among the 15 seats in Uttar Pradesh which went to polls today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview