AIADMK leader Malaisamy expelled by Jayalalithaa for indicating post-poll alliance with Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Chennai: A day after he indicated that the AIADMK may support the NDA after poll results are announced, senior leader K Malaisamy was on Thursday expelled by party chief J Jayalalithaa for “bringing disrepute to the party”.
Malaisamy had said that Narendra Modi "is a great friend of Jayalalithaa" even if "they may differ politically".
"If he becomes the prime minister, then madam (Jayalalithaa) would like close ties," Malaisamy had told a news channel, indicating a possible post-poll alliance.
Countering her party leader, Jayalalithaa – the Tamil Nadu chief minister – had said that she was yet to take any decision on the issue of support and was awaiting the Lok Sabha poll results.
AIADMK is expected to win at least 20 seats in Tamil Nadu and Modi is reported to be banking on support from Jayalalithaa in case the NDA falls short of majority when General Elections results are announced tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?