Ajay Rai wants Gandhi family to campaign for him in Varanasi
Varanasi: Congress candidate from Varanasi Ajay Rai will file his nomination on Thursday for the mega contest in which he is pitted against BJP`s Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi and AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal among others.
Rai, a sitting MLA, said he has already sought support of the top brass of the Congress including Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi to campaign for him in the constituency from where BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi had won in 2009 polls.
"I will file my nomination on April 17. Union Minister Anand Sharma has agreed to come for my nomination. I have already requested Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and other leaders to campaign in this land of Mahadev," Rai told PTI.
Filing of nomination for Varanasi constituency will start on April 17 and will continue till April 24. The election will be held in the final round of polling on May 12.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm