Ajay Rai wants Gandhi family to campaign for him in Varanasi
Varanasi: Congress candidate from Varanasi Ajay Rai will file his nomination on Thursday for the mega contest in which he is pitted against BJP`s Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi and AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal among others.
Rai, a sitting MLA, said he has already sought support of the top brass of the Congress including Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi to campaign for him in the constituency from where BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi had won in 2009 polls.
"I will file my nomination on April 17. Union Minister Anand Sharma has agreed to come for my nomination. I have already requested Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and other leaders to campaign in this land of Mahadev," Rai told PTI.
Filing of nomination for Varanasi constituency will start on April 17 and will continue till April 24. The election will be held in the final round of polling on May 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police