Ajay Rai wants Gandhi family to campaign for him in Varanasi
Varanasi: Congress candidate from Varanasi Ajay Rai will file his nomination on Thursday for the mega contest in which he is pitted against BJP`s Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi and AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal among others.
Rai, a sitting MLA, said he has already sought support of the top brass of the Congress including Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi to campaign for him in the constituency from where BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi had won in 2009 polls.
"I will file my nomination on April 17. Union Minister Anand Sharma has agreed to come for my nomination. I have already requested Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and other leaders to campaign in this land of Mahadev," Rai told PTI.
Filing of nomination for Varanasi constituency will start on April 17 and will continue till April 24. The election will be held in the final round of polling on May 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security