Ajit Pawar denies threatening villagers with water supply cut
Jalgaon: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Monday denied he had threatened villagers recently that they would stop receiving water if they did not vote for NCP chief Sharad Pawar`s daughter Supriya Sule.
Addressing a poll-related public meeting at Bhusawal in Jalgaon district of Maharashtra, he accused the opposition of spreading false rumours, and called the allegation of threatening villagers with denial of water supply as "outlandish".
Ajit Pawar had allegedly threatened villagers recently, saying if they did not vote for Supriya Sule, who is contesting Lok Sabha elections from Baramati constituency, water supply would be denied to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology