Akhilesh hits back at Modi for his `baap-beta` barb, holds roadshow in Varanasi
Varanasi: Hitting back at Narendra Modi for his "father-son`s government barb", UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said sarcastically that his father made him the Chief Minister and Modi could do the same if he too has a son.
"Modi thinks that the father-son`s government(baap-bete ki sarkar) is bad ... Modiji has also been a Chief Minister for three consecutive times ... If he has a son, he too can make his son a Chief Minister," Yadav said while holding a roadshow here on the last day of campaigning for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
The BJP prime ministerial candidate, in his speeches, had been saying that in Uttar Pradesh there is a fiefdom of father-son (baap-bete ki sarkar).
Yadav exuded confidence that his party would win the highest number of seats as they were in power and a large number of people were lending them their support.
Claiming that a lot of development took place in the state, he said his party distributed laptops and started welfare programmes like Kanya Vidya Dhan, Unemployment Allowance, Pensions and provided other facilities in the state on the basis of which they were seeking votes.
On the "Gujarat development model of Narendra Modi", Yadav said, Samajwadi party-led Uttar Pradesh government`s model of development was much better than Modi`s Gujarat model.
Samajwadi party leaders and workers sporting red caps and wearing t-shirts of red colours and holding SP flags in their hands were part of the massive roadshow.
His roadshow in favour of party candidate Kailash Chaurasia began from Sampurnand Sanskrit University which passed through Godowalia, Maladahiya and other parts of the city.
In Maldahiya, he garlanded the statue of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Mamata condoles Mahasweta Devi's passing
- Pope Francis falls in Poland, escapes injury
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro with dual rear cameras, OLED display, 128GB memory launched
- UNBELIEVABLE BUT TRUE: In this Pakistani town, guns are cheaper than smartphones!
- Jacqueline Fernandez dates a superhero! Brand new poster of Tiger Shroff's 'A Flying Jatt' is super cute- See poster