Akhilesh Yadav to campaign in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Samajwadi Party, which on Monday declared six candidates for Lok Sabha elections in Gujarat, said the party leader and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will hold a public rally in Patan district.
"Akhilesh Yadav will hold a public rally on April 21 in Patan district," said Gujarat SP leader Kiran Kansara.
"Akhilesh Yadav is also likely to visit the Saurashtra region and Ahmedabad," he said.
"The Gujarat SP unit has also requested the party president Mulayam singh Yadav and UP minister Azam Khan to campaign in Gujarat," Kansara said.
"We will fight as the third front in Gujarat with the alliance partners Janata Dal United, CPI and CPM."
State SP spokesperson Pradeepsinh Chauhan announced names of six candidates: Babu Rabari from Patan, Mavji Bhabhor from Dahod, Adam Chaudhari from Banaskantha, Abubakar Syed from Jamnagar, Gauri Parmar from Rajkot and Iqbal Sheeda from Junagadh.
Though the party is going to contest from ten seats, remaining four names were not declared.
Hussain Dal would be fielded for assembly by-election at Somnath, Chauhan said.
Yadav, who is also the SP state President, challenged BJP to tell that apart from the five states, where they are in power, how many seats they would win in West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar, Tamil Nadu and other states.
He also stressed that the possibility of formation of Third Front government was strong after last three phases of polling were over.
"Gujarat model was being discussed throughout the country, whereas it has nothing as such. As compared to Gujarat, more development was taking place in UP. Within two years unemployment allowance was given, arrangement of free education was made and laptops were distributed. The government was providing fund for free treatment of poor from its own resources," he claimed.
The CM said that children of rural areas, who used to feel afraid of English, now feel comfortable after getting laptops.
"SP paid much attention on education. So much money would have not been spent in Gujarat on welfare schemes. Gujarat has no model of its own," he claimed.
In the rally organised in weaver dominated area, Akhilesh said that a separate package would be announced for them after Lok Sabha elections.
He said that like Kisan bazars, separate markets would be provided for the products of weavers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video