Alagiri asks supporters to vote for Vaiko
Madurai: Expelled DMK leader M K Alagiri on Monday asked his supporters to vote for MDMK leader and NDA candidate Vaiko in the Virudhunagar Lok Sabha constituency, saying both of them faced same type of "injustice" being thrown out of the party.
Alagiri, son of party President M Karunanidhi, was referring to expulsion of Vaiko from DMK over two decades ago on the charge of anti-party activites and his own dismissal.
Addressing his supporters at Villor in Virudhunagar constituency, he said Vaiko met him and sought his support.
"Vaiko and me were meted out same injustice. He is a people`s servant...A much better servant than others and people know about him," the former DMK south zone organising secretary said.
Vaiko has turned a bitter critic of DMK after his expulsion and forming the MDMK.
Alagiri said Vaiko would defenitely raise his voice for the people in Parliament.
Alagiri, who is cut up with the choice of several DMK candidates, has been campaigning agaisnt them and asking his supporters to ensure the party finished third in the April 24 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley