`All arrangements made to ensure free, fair polling in Amethi`
Amethi: The district administration has made all arrangements to ensure free, fair and peaceful polling in the high-profile Amethi Lok Sabha constituency which goes to polls tomorrow.
Amethi District Magistrate-cum-Returning Officer Jagat Raj Tripathi on Tuesday said that "all the outsiders have been warned to vacate the constituency and those who will not, will be acted against as per the law".
As many as 16,43,395 voters are eligible to cast their franchise in the constituency where 34 candidates, including Congress vice president and sitting MP Rahul Gandhi, BJP`s Smriti Irani and Kumar Vishwas of AAP, are in the fray.
Four women and one transgender are also in the fray, Tripathi said.
At least three electronic voting machines (EVMs) will be used at each of all 1,246 polling booths.
The DM said webcasting facility will be available in 33 booths, CCTV cameras will be installed in 71 others.
He said, in each of all the five Assembly segments in the constituency, ten polling booths have been developed as `model booths` with all facilities.
Amethi Superintendent of Police Hiralal said, "The Amethi constituency has been divided into ten zones and 106 sectors where nine companies of paramilitary forces and four companies of PAC have been deployed for fair and peaceful election."
Of the five Assembly segments -- Amethi, Gauriganj, Tiloi and Jagdishpur in Amethi district and Salon in Rae Bareli district, the Samajwadi Party won three seats (Amethi, Gauriganj and Salon) and Congress pocketed two in the last Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog