Amar Singh, wife assets worth about Rs 100 cr
New Delhi: Amar Singh, contesting Lok Sabha elections as Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) candidate from Fatehpur Sikri, and his wife have assets worth about Rs 100 crore.
According to his affidavit filed before the Election Commission, 58-year-old Singh has declared movable assets worth Rs 41.34 crore which include bank deposits (about Rs four crore), investment in shares (Rs 11.60 crore), mutual funds (Rs 6.27 crore) and insurance policies (Rs 6.04 crore) in his affidavit.
He has Rs 12.23 crore investment in a partnership firm, two cars - Lexus and Maruti Swift, Rs 8.68 lakh worth gold and 28 kg of silver utensils valued about Rs 10.56 lakh.
Singh has also declared furniture, fixtures, watches and paintings valuing Rs 64.40 lakh. His wife owns movable assets worth Rs 21.95 crore which include gold of Rs 5.74 crore, Rs 5.63 crore investment in a partnership firm and Rs 6.01 crore in insurance policies among others, according to the affidavit.
Singh has Rs 10 lakh in hand while his wife has Rs five lakh, it said.
Singh`s immovable properties worth Rs 14.82 crore include commercial building in Bangalore (current market value of Rs six crore), non-agriculture land in Noida Sector 44 and residential building in Lucknow`s Gomti Nagar area.
His wife owns immovable property worth Rs 18.11 crore, according to his declaration in the affidavit. Singh`s assets (both movable and immovable) worth about Rs 56.16 crore and his wife`s movable and immovable assets worth about Rs 40 crore. The duo assets` value about Rs 96.16 crore, as per the affidavit.
Singh, along with Rampur MP Jaya Prada, was expelled from Mulayam Singh-led Samajwadi Party in 2010 for indulging in activities inimical to the party`s political interests and damaging its image.
Singh, an Independent Rajya Sabha member, had last month joined Ajit Singh-led RLD along with Jaya Prada. Fatehpur Sikri constituency goes to polls on April 24.
Jaya Prada, who is also in fray for Lok Sabha elections from Uttar Pradesh`s Bijnor constituency as RLD candidate, has declared assets worth Rs 22.63 crore-- movable Rs 2.89 crore and immovable Rs 19.74 crore.
She has declared properties in Mumbai`s Lokhandwala, Goregaon and Juhu Princess Apartment worth about Rs 6.7 crore, a plot worth Rs 1.61 crore in Hyderabad`s Banjara Hills, Rs 55.50 lakh worth gold and five cars (Mercedes Benz, Ford Ikon, Mahindra Xylo, Mitsubishi Outlander and Ford Endeavour) worth Rs 34.75 lakh, according to her affidavit filed with the Election Commission.
Jaya Prada, actor-turned politician, has Rs 4.68 lakh cash in hand. Elections in Bijnor constituency were held yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion