Amarinder`s defeat imminent, fighting last poll battle: Badal
Ajnala (Amritsar): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said Congress leader Amarinder Singh is fighting his last poll battle and his defeat at the hands of Arun Jaitley in Amritsar is imminent.
"It will be the last poll battle of Amarinder Singh. He will bit the dust in Amritsar," Badal told an election rally in favour of Jaitley, the SAD-BJP candidate, here.
Earlier in 2009, Amarinder?s son Raninder Singh was humbled by SAD candidate Harsimart Kaur Badal by a margin of 1.25 lakh votes, he said.
In the 2012 assembly polls in the state, Amarinder`s son was again defeated by SAD nominee in Samana constituency, Badal said.
This time also the defeat of Amarinder in Amritsar Parliamentary constituency is imminent, the Chief Minister said.
Amarinder was reluctant to contest election and jumped into the fray unwillingly at the behest of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, he said.
The NDA will form the next government at the Centre under the leadership of Narendra Modi and Jaitley will get an important porfolio, Badal said.
The NDA alone will bag more than 275 seats, he said.
It was SAD leadership?s request to field Jaitley from from Amritsar and he will do justice to the people of Punjab once if he is elected as an MP, he said.
Launching a scathing attack on the Congress-led UPA government, Badal alleged it was due to its wrong policies, the farmers in Punjab are facing a debt of Rs 32,000 crore.
He said the Election Commission had fixed April 30 for voting in Punjab when farmers will be busy in their fields.
"Keeping in view such facts (harvesting season), April 30 has been fixed for polling to scuttle a heavy turnout," Badal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read