Amarinder`s defeat imminent, fighting last poll battle: Badal
Ajnala (Amritsar): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said Congress leader Amarinder Singh is fighting his last poll battle and his defeat at the hands of Arun Jaitley in Amritsar is imminent.
"It will be the last poll battle of Amarinder Singh. He will bit the dust in Amritsar," Badal told an election rally in favour of Jaitley, the SAD-BJP candidate, here.
Earlier in 2009, Amarinder?s son Raninder Singh was humbled by SAD candidate Harsimart Kaur Badal by a margin of 1.25 lakh votes, he said.
In the 2012 assembly polls in the state, Amarinder`s son was again defeated by SAD nominee in Samana constituency, Badal said.
This time also the defeat of Amarinder in Amritsar Parliamentary constituency is imminent, the Chief Minister said.
Amarinder was reluctant to contest election and jumped into the fray unwillingly at the behest of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, he said.
The NDA will form the next government at the Centre under the leadership of Narendra Modi and Jaitley will get an important porfolio, Badal said.
The NDA alone will bag more than 275 seats, he said.
It was SAD leadership?s request to field Jaitley from from Amritsar and he will do justice to the people of Punjab once if he is elected as an MP, he said.
Launching a scathing attack on the Congress-led UPA government, Badal alleged it was due to its wrong policies, the farmers in Punjab are facing a debt of Rs 32,000 crore.
He said the Election Commission had fixed April 30 for voting in Punjab when farmers will be busy in their fields.
"Keeping in view such facts (harvesting season), April 30 has been fixed for polling to scuttle a heavy turnout," Badal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!