Amarinder`s defeat imminent, fighting last poll battle: Badal
Ajnala (Amritsar): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said Congress leader Amarinder Singh is fighting his last poll battle and his defeat at the hands of Arun Jaitley in Amritsar is imminent.
"It will be the last poll battle of Amarinder Singh. He will bit the dust in Amritsar," Badal told an election rally in favour of Jaitley, the SAD-BJP candidate, here.
Earlier in 2009, Amarinder?s son Raninder Singh was humbled by SAD candidate Harsimart Kaur Badal by a margin of 1.25 lakh votes, he said.
In the 2012 assembly polls in the state, Amarinder`s son was again defeated by SAD nominee in Samana constituency, Badal said.
This time also the defeat of Amarinder in Amritsar Parliamentary constituency is imminent, the Chief Minister said.
Amarinder was reluctant to contest election and jumped into the fray unwillingly at the behest of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, he said.
The NDA will form the next government at the Centre under the leadership of Narendra Modi and Jaitley will get an important porfolio, Badal said.
The NDA alone will bag more than 275 seats, he said.
It was SAD leadership?s request to field Jaitley from from Amritsar and he will do justice to the people of Punjab once if he is elected as an MP, he said.
Launching a scathing attack on the Congress-led UPA government, Badal alleged it was due to its wrong policies, the farmers in Punjab are facing a debt of Rs 32,000 crore.
He said the Election Commission had fixed April 30 for voting in Punjab when farmers will be busy in their fields.
"Keeping in view such facts (harvesting season), April 30 has been fixed for polling to scuttle a heavy turnout," Badal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way