Amit Shah inaugurates Modi`s Varanasi election office, begins campaigning for BJP
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Varanasi: BJP`s general secretary and in-charge of Uttar Pradesh Amit Shah on Tuesday inaugurated the election office of his party prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and began extensive campaign for the party in the run up to the Lok Sabha polls.
Addressing a press briefing after the event, Shah said, “Narendra Modi`s candidature from Varanasi has fired up party workers. I am confident that the BJP is going to emerge as the biggest party in Uttar Pradesh after elections.”
Acknowledging that the Modi fever is currently running high in the eastern UP, especially in the areas adjoining Varanasi, Shah said, “BJP workers here say that they have never seen such enthusiasm in any election ever.”
Shah also categorically rejected reports that his party is going to change candidates in some places to upset poll equation in UP.
“We are not going to change any candidates in UP except for maybe Fatehpur Sikri, we are thinking over that seat,” Shah stated.
The BJP media in-charge for `Kashi Prant` unit Sanjay Bharadwaj also said that his party is aiming for an "unprecedented victory margin" in the eastern UP.
Bharadwaj expressed hope that BJP will do well in districts of eastern Uttar Pradesh like Chandauli, Jaunpur, Ghazipur, Sant Ravidas Nagar and Sultanpur.
Bharadwaj said, "Our aim is to ensure that Modi wins from Varanasi with an unprecedented margin. His victory is a given. But our endeavour is to see to it that he defeats his nearest rival, whoever he or she is, by no less than a margin of five lakh votes."
He said Shah has come to the city to "bless us and guide us".
Bharadwaj asserted that Modi`s decision to fight from Varanasi has "galvanised voters in favour of the BJP across the entire Poorvanchal region which is home to about 14 Lok Sabha seats. We hope to win at least 10 of these but would not be surprised if we end up bagging all of these".
Poorvanchal has been an impoverished region where people have been exploited by political parties and leaders who believe in playing the caste card, he said.
"Modi`s arrival in the region heralds a new beginning wherein people from all castes would come out in large numbers to vote in the name of development," Bharadwaj added.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof