Exit polls: CPI(M) to retain both LS seats in Tripura
Completely unaffected by the `Modi wave` and the BJP`s winning prospects, Tripura is likely to make CPI(M) invincible, as per the various exit polls conducted.
One of the smallest states of India, Tripura has always been CPI(M)`s stronghold.
According to the exit polls, both the candidates of the party, Sankar Prasad Datta and Jitendra Chowdhury, will win Tripura West and Tripura East with high margin.
From 1996, the two Lok Sabha seats from the state are being represented by the CPI(M). Baju Ban Riyan, a CPI(M) leader, was an MP from 1996 till date in Tripura East. On the other hand, CPI(M) with names like Badal Choudhury, Samar Choudhury and Khagen Das has been winning Lok Sabha polls from Tripura West.
Out of the fifteen elections held in Tirpura`s two Lok Sabha seats, the Marxists have convincingly won the East Tripura seat eleven times while the West Tripura seat has gone to Marxists ten times.
In a repeated attempt to open its account in Tripura, the BJP had fielded its state president Sudhindra Chandra Dasgupta from Tripura West seat. On the other hand, the Aam Aadmi Party had fielded Dr Salil Saha. Congress, which had some sway in the state earlier, fielded Arunoday Saha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported