Exit polls: CPI(M) to retain both LS seats in Tripura
Completely unaffected by the `Modi wave` and the BJP`s winning prospects, Tripura is likely to make CPI(M) invincible, as per the various exit polls conducted.
One of the smallest states of India, Tripura has always been CPI(M)`s stronghold.
According to the exit polls, both the candidates of the party, Sankar Prasad Datta and Jitendra Chowdhury, will win Tripura West and Tripura East with high margin.
From 1996, the two Lok Sabha seats from the state are being represented by the CPI(M). Baju Ban Riyan, a CPI(M) leader, was an MP from 1996 till date in Tripura East. On the other hand, CPI(M) with names like Badal Choudhury, Samar Choudhury and Khagen Das has been winning Lok Sabha polls from Tripura West.
Out of the fifteen elections held in Tirpura`s two Lok Sabha seats, the Marxists have convincingly won the East Tripura seat eleven times while the West Tripura seat has gone to Marxists ten times.
In a repeated attempt to open its account in Tripura, the BJP had fielded its state president Sudhindra Chandra Dasgupta from Tripura West seat. On the other hand, the Aam Aadmi Party had fielded Dr Salil Saha. Congress, which had some sway in the state earlier, fielded Arunoday Saha.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory