Lok Sabha polls 2014: Will BJP wave in Gujarat sway Dadra & Nagar Haveli?
Dadra and Nagar Haveli has only one Lok Sabha constituency. Indian National Congress has won from this seat maximum number of times. An interesting fact about this UT is that it has sent independent candidates to Lok Sabha a couple of times.
BJP has won the seat once in 1998 and again in 2009. The prominent candidates from this Union Territory Mohanbhai Sanjbhai Delkar of Congress, Natubhai Gomanbhai Patel of BJP, Janiyabhai Khulat of NCP and Chhotubhai Babubhai Patel of Aam Aadmi Party.
Congress has not won the seat from 1996 while BJP had won it in 2009. Even this time also the contest is straight between BJP and Congress, but analysts are saying that BJP has better prospects of winning.
With 84.1% voter turn-out, Dadra and Nagar Haveli made it place among the highest voter turnout states in the recently concluded Lok Sabah polls. Nearly two-third of the population voted in this UT.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Panel discussion on insensitive behaviour of administration and govt towards common man
- PM Modi saved cameraman from being washed away in Gujarat
- Nepal bans Indian police couple for faking Everest climb
- Three hurt in suicide blast at China's Kyrgyzstan embassy
- Obama to meet Philippines' controversial President next week
- Kareena Kapoor Khan congratulates Shahid Kapoor on becoming a proud parent! Full story inside
- 'Indian tourists at greater cyber fraud risk abroad'