Lok Sabha polls 2014: Will BJP wave in Gujarat sway Dadra & Nagar Haveli?
Dadra and Nagar Haveli has only one Lok Sabha constituency. Indian National Congress has won from this seat maximum number of times. An interesting fact about this UT is that it has sent independent candidates to Lok Sabha a couple of times.
BJP has won the seat once in 1998 and again in 2009. The prominent candidates from this Union Territory Mohanbhai Sanjbhai Delkar of Congress, Natubhai Gomanbhai Patel of BJP, Janiyabhai Khulat of NCP and Chhotubhai Babubhai Patel of Aam Aadmi Party.
Congress has not won the seat from 1996 while BJP had won it in 2009. Even this time also the contest is straight between BJP and Congress, but analysts are saying that BJP has better prospects of winning.
With 84.1% voter turn-out, Dadra and Nagar Haveli made it place among the highest voter turnout states in the recently concluded Lok Sabah polls. Nearly two-third of the population voted in this UT.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India