Anti-Dalit remarks: BSP leader announces Rs 1 cr bounty on Baba Ramdev`s head
Chandigarh: BSP Hoshiarpur Lok Sabha candidate Bhagwan Singh Chohan has a placed a bounty of Rs 1 crore on yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s head for his alleged "anti-Dalit" remarks.
"I am ready to pay Rs. 1 crore to the person who will bring his (Ramdev) head to me," the BSP leader had yesterday said while burning the Yoga guru`s effigy near Hoshiarpur bus stand for his alleged anti-Dalit remarks targeting Rahul Gandhi.
Chohan today said he "stands by his statement on Ramdev."
"What is wrong in my statement. If Ramdev could insult the entire women class, why cannot I give such statement," Chohan said.
Hoshiarpur Deputy Commissioner Tanu Kashyap has directed his administration to take an appropriate action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand