Anti-Dalit remarks: BSP leader announces Rs 1 cr bounty on Baba Ramdev`s head
Chandigarh: BSP Hoshiarpur Lok Sabha candidate Bhagwan Singh Chohan has a placed a bounty of Rs 1 crore on yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s head for his alleged "anti-Dalit" remarks.
"I am ready to pay Rs. 1 crore to the person who will bring his (Ramdev) head to me," the BSP leader had yesterday said while burning the Yoga guru`s effigy near Hoshiarpur bus stand for his alleged anti-Dalit remarks targeting Rahul Gandhi.
Chohan today said he "stands by his statement on Ramdev."
"What is wrong in my statement. If Ramdev could insult the entire women class, why cannot I give such statement," Chohan said.
Hoshiarpur Deputy Commissioner Tanu Kashyap has directed his administration to take an appropriate action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!