Anti-Dalit remarks: BSP leader announces Rs 1 cr bounty on Baba Ramdev`s head
Chandigarh: BSP Hoshiarpur Lok Sabha candidate Bhagwan Singh Chohan has a placed a bounty of Rs 1 crore on yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s head for his alleged "anti-Dalit" remarks.
"I am ready to pay Rs. 1 crore to the person who will bring his (Ramdev) head to me," the BSP leader had yesterday said while burning the Yoga guru`s effigy near Hoshiarpur bus stand for his alleged anti-Dalit remarks targeting Rahul Gandhi.
Chohan today said he "stands by his statement on Ramdev."
"What is wrong in my statement. If Ramdev could insult the entire women class, why cannot I give such statement," Chohan said.
Hoshiarpur Deputy Commissioner Tanu Kashyap has directed his administration to take an appropriate action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read