Anti-Dalit remarks: BSP leader announces Rs 1 cr bounty on Baba Ramdev`s head
Chandigarh: BSP Hoshiarpur Lok Sabha candidate Bhagwan Singh Chohan has a placed a bounty of Rs 1 crore on yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s head for his alleged "anti-Dalit" remarks.
"I am ready to pay Rs. 1 crore to the person who will bring his (Ramdev) head to me," the BSP leader had yesterday said while burning the Yoga guru`s effigy near Hoshiarpur bus stand for his alleged anti-Dalit remarks targeting Rahul Gandhi.
Chohan today said he "stands by his statement on Ramdev."
"What is wrong in my statement. If Ramdev could insult the entire women class, why cannot I give such statement," Chohan said.
Hoshiarpur Deputy Commissioner Tanu Kashyap has directed his administration to take an appropriate action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- BJP workers stall Uttar Pradesh Assembly proceedings, bring city to halt
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags spotted as massive protests continue in Balochistan
- Fitch reaffirms Bharat Petroleum's ratings with stable outlook
- Michael Phelps ruled Twitter during Rio Olympics 2016
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy