AP bifurcated after approvals from most parties: Congress`
Visakhapatnam: Congress decided to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh only after obtaining written approvals from the Telugu Desam Party, BJP and the YSR Congress, Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee president N Raghuveera Reddy said Thursday.
Addressing a press conference here, he said that despite approving the bifurcation and extending their co-operation to the Congress high command for doing so, the TDP, the BJP and the YSR Congress point fingers at the Congress.
"The BJP had announced its decision on bifurcating the state 18 years ago at a meeting in Kakinada with its `one vote-two states` campaign. The YSR Congress also promised to bifurcate the state at late AP chief minister YSR`s tomb three years ago. However, the Congress resolved the issue merely before seven months and resolved it," he said.
He alleged that in 1999, TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu announced that it had committed a "historical mistake" by joining hands with the BJP and also apologized to Muslims and Christian minorities, but he has entered into a poll alliance with the BJP once again, only for power.
He said that the YSR Congress too would do the same thing after the elections.
Raghuveera Reddy alleged that the TDP and the BJP are trying to purchase not only voters, but also candidates of the Congress, which became evident recently in two constituencies.
Millionaires in the YSR Congress, the BJP and the TDP were keen to win elections through money power and not with the support of the people, he said.
He said Andhra Pradesh would become a "new" state with good development after implementing special packages announced by the Congress.
He also said that the Congress had appealed to the Centre for more funds and schemes for the state`s overall development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!