Arun Jaitley is a sinking ship: Capt. Amarinder
Amritsar: Former Chief Minister and Congress candidate from Amritsar Capt Amarinder Singh on Thursday said that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley is a sinking ship and should contest from somewhere else rather than contesting from Amritsar.
" Jaitley is a sinking ship, nobody wants him here. Why doesn`t he go somewhere else?" asked Singh.
"SAD brought him here and people are fed up with SAD. I do not understand how are they going to help him?" he said.
Jailtey is contesting against Amarinder Singh after replacing BJP`s previous nominee for Amritsar Navjot Singh Sidhu.
The BJP in its Central Election Committee meeting which was finalizing the list of candidates for the upcoming elections apparently had reportedly told Sidhu that he (Sidhu) would not be fielded again from the high-profile constituency of Punjab and was given a choice of three other seats - Delhi, Chandigarh or Kurukshetra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren