Arun Jaitley is a sinking ship: Capt. Amarinder
Amritsar: Former Chief Minister and Congress candidate from Amritsar Capt Amarinder Singh on Thursday said that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley is a sinking ship and should contest from somewhere else rather than contesting from Amritsar.
" Jaitley is a sinking ship, nobody wants him here. Why doesn`t he go somewhere else?" asked Singh.
"SAD brought him here and people are fed up with SAD. I do not understand how are they going to help him?" he said.
Jailtey is contesting against Amarinder Singh after replacing BJP`s previous nominee for Amritsar Navjot Singh Sidhu.
The BJP in its Central Election Committee meeting which was finalizing the list of candidates for the upcoming elections apparently had reportedly told Sidhu that he (Sidhu) would not be fielded again from the high-profile constituency of Punjab and was given a choice of three other seats - Delhi, Chandigarh or Kurukshetra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation