Arun Jaitley is a sinking ship: Capt. Amarinder
Amritsar: Former Chief Minister and Congress candidate from Amritsar Capt Amarinder Singh on Thursday said that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley is a sinking ship and should contest from somewhere else rather than contesting from Amritsar.
" Jaitley is a sinking ship, nobody wants him here. Why doesn`t he go somewhere else?" asked Singh.
"SAD brought him here and people are fed up with SAD. I do not understand how are they going to help him?" he said.
Jailtey is contesting against Amarinder Singh after replacing BJP`s previous nominee for Amritsar Navjot Singh Sidhu.
The BJP in its Central Election Committee meeting which was finalizing the list of candidates for the upcoming elections apparently had reportedly told Sidhu that he (Sidhu) would not be fielded again from the high-profile constituency of Punjab and was given a choice of three other seats - Delhi, Chandigarh or Kurukshetra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday