Arvind Kejriwal campaigns in AAP hub Delhi
New Delhi: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Tuesday began a week-long campaign for the Lok Sabha election in the capital, attacking both Congress president Sonia Gandhi and BJP star Narendra Modi.
The former Delhi chief minister also said while campaigning in Chandni Chowk constituency that the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) wanted early assembly polls in Delhi.
Asked why Modi had branded him "a Pakistani agent" and an "AK-49", Kejriwal shot back: "Why doesn`t Modi talk about issues I have raised instead of calling me a Pakistani agent?
"And if there is indeed a Modi wave, why is he contesting the election from two places? Why is he having a `safe seat` too? Why not contest from Varanasi alone?"
Kejriwal, whose party is a third force in Delhi apart from the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Congress, was equally harsh on Sonia Gandhi.
Asked to comment on Gandhi`s mocking remark that "running a government is not child`s play", made in reference to the AAP`s shortlived government in Delhi, Kejriwal said the comment was meant for her son and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"He (Rahul Gandhi) is a young man. She should not be saying such things," he said.
Kejriwal is expected to campaign extensively for a week in Delhi, which will see polling April 10. He is then expected to shift to Varanasi where the AAP leader will take on Modi, the BJP`s prime minister`s nominee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan