Arvind Kejriwal – Crorepati `fakir` who is richer than Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal tried to play his pet `aam aadmi` card with the people of Varanasi during a roadshow in the temple city on Wednesday.
Kejriwal, who filed his nomination from Varanasi Lok Sabha seat to contest against BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi, repeatedly told the people here that he is a `fakir` who has only Rs 500 in his pocket.
However, the affidavit filed by the former Delhi chief minister doesn`t show him as a fakir as he claims but presents a completely different picture. The affidavit says that Kejriwal has over four lakh rupees in his SBI bank account whereas his wife Sunita movable assets worth over 17 lakh rupees.
While Kejriwal has immovable assets nearly of Rs 90 lakh his wife`s immovable assets are worth over one crore rupees.
"I have Rs 500 in my pocket. I have no money to fight elections. I am going to file my nomination in this old jeep," he had said yesterday.
Calling himself a fakir, Kejriwal took potshots at Modi and said that the Gujarat chief minister will flash a helicopter when he arrives to formally declare his candidacy from Varanasi, alleging that his political rivals have spent thousands of crores on their campaigns.
Interestingly, Kejriwal, the self-proclaimed `fakir`, is richer than BJP`s prime ministerial candidate and his opponent in Varanasi, Narendra Modi.
Modi in his affidavit he filed before the Returning Officer at Vadodara declared that he owns assets worth just Rs 1.5 crore compared to the former Delhi CM`s Rs Rs 2.14 crore which also includes his wife, who is an Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer, Sunita`s assets.
In a PTI report, Modi in the last two years has added more than Rs 18 lakh in his financial investments, such as cash in bank, fixed deposits and other saving schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof