Arvind Kejriwal – Crorepati `fakir` who is richer than Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal tried to play his pet `aam aadmi` card with the people of Varanasi during a roadshow in the temple city on Wednesday.
Kejriwal, who filed his nomination from Varanasi Lok Sabha seat to contest against BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi, repeatedly told the people here that he is a `fakir` who has only Rs 500 in his pocket.
However, the affidavit filed by the former Delhi chief minister doesn`t show him as a fakir as he claims but presents a completely different picture. The affidavit says that Kejriwal has over four lakh rupees in his SBI bank account whereas his wife Sunita movable assets worth over 17 lakh rupees.
While Kejriwal has immovable assets nearly of Rs 90 lakh his wife`s immovable assets are worth over one crore rupees.
"I have Rs 500 in my pocket. I have no money to fight elections. I am going to file my nomination in this old jeep," he had said yesterday.
Calling himself a fakir, Kejriwal took potshots at Modi and said that the Gujarat chief minister will flash a helicopter when he arrives to formally declare his candidacy from Varanasi, alleging that his political rivals have spent thousands of crores on their campaigns.
Interestingly, Kejriwal, the self-proclaimed `fakir`, is richer than BJP`s prime ministerial candidate and his opponent in Varanasi, Narendra Modi.
Modi in his affidavit he filed before the Returning Officer at Vadodara declared that he owns assets worth just Rs 1.5 crore compared to the former Delhi CM`s Rs Rs 2.14 crore which also includes his wife, who is an Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer, Sunita`s assets.
In a PTI report, Modi in the last two years has added more than Rs 18 lakh in his financial investments, such as cash in bank, fixed deposits and other saving schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what