Arvind Kejriwal keeps changing his statements, says Malhotra
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday latched on to AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal`s controversial remark that he would join the saffron party if Narendra Modi makes a commitment that he would not increase the natural gas price after becoming Prime Minister.
During a roadshow yesterday, the AAP chief had attacked Congress and BJP over the gas pricing issue and said that he would join BJP if Modi makes a written assurance that the proposed hike will not be implemented.
Later, Kejriwal had said his coments were misinterpreted and that he would never join parties like BJP and Congress.
Senior Delhi BJP leader VK Malhotra on Thursday accused the AAP leader of making "yet another U-turn".
"After five hours he made U-turn. The way Kejriwal changes his statements and take U-turn, I think he wants to enter the Guinness Book of record," Malhotra said, while slamming the AAP leader.
The senior BJP leader also gave example of how Kejriwal made U-turn after swearing in the name of his children that he will neither take support of Congress to form government in Delhi.
Malhotra alleged that though Kejriwal had promised not to take government accomodation and security, he accepted both after becoming Chief Minister.
"He had even denied receiving any fund from Ford Foundation for his outfit but later admitted after being exposed," he said while elaborating on the number of "flip-flops" by Kejriwal.
"There is a great difference between his prophecy and practice. People of Delhi have made up their mind that they shall teach a lesson to the anarchist person like Kejriwal who fled away after 49 days rule," said Malhotra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands