Arvind Kejriwal thanks for vote against `money and muscle power`
Varanasi: As polling got over in this high-profile constituency, AAP candidate Arvind Kejriwal thanked the people of Varanasi for voting "against money & musle power".
Kejriwal, who challenged BJP` Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi here, also said in a late night statement that "the love and warmth showered by the holy city of Kashi can never be forgotten".
"We thank all the booth volunteers and also the volunteers coming from outside for their hard work and stupendous efforts," he said.
Kejriwal left for Delhi this evening after spending nearly one month here.
Earlier in the day, the AAP leader said he would return after two days and would be in Varanasi on the counting day, May 16.
He also said his direct fight here was against Modi and Congress candidate Ajay Rai was nowhere in the fight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state