Arvind Kejriwal thanks for vote against `money and muscle power`
Varanasi: As polling got over in this high-profile constituency, AAP candidate Arvind Kejriwal thanked the people of Varanasi for voting "against money & musle power".
Kejriwal, who challenged BJP` Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi here, also said in a late night statement that "the love and warmth showered by the holy city of Kashi can never be forgotten".
"We thank all the booth volunteers and also the volunteers coming from outside for their hard work and stupendous efforts," he said.
Kejriwal left for Delhi this evening after spending nearly one month here.
Earlier in the day, the AAP leader said he would return after two days and would be in Varanasi on the counting day, May 16.
He also said his direct fight here was against Modi and Congress candidate Ajay Rai was nowhere in the fight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert