Ashok Chavan dismisses Narendra Modi`s tirade
Nanded: Congress leader Ashok Chavan on Sunday dismissed Narendra Modi`s tirade against him and accused the BJP prime ministerial candidate of trying to create disturbance in the country and Maharashtra.
He, however, said that there was "no need to worry" about Maharashtra."It is a well developed state and people here are secular," the former Chief Minister said as Modi addressed a series of rallies in Vidarbha where he attacked Congress for fielding Adarsh scam tainted Chavan and on farmer suicides.
"He (Modi) has been trying to create disturbance in the country as well as Maharashtra but it won`t make any difference in Nanded," Chavan said.
"`Shahzada` had said he won`t compromise with corruption. They said there would be an investigation. For Congress giving ticket is taking action.... Shameless. What Adarsh candidates they have...," Modi said today taking on Rahul Gandhi for fielding tainted leaders at an election meeting in Nanded from where Chavan is contesting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'