Ashutosh asks EC to cancel Kapil Sibal`s nomination from Chandni Chowk
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) candidate Ashutosh on Wednesday demanded the Election Commission to cancel the nomination of Union minister Kapil Sibal from Chandni Chowk.
Ashutosh accused Sibal, the Congress candidate from the Chandni Chowk constituency, of distributing money among the electorate.
Writing on Twitter, the AAP leader asked the EC to arrest those who were distributing money in Chandni Chowk.
I request EC to immediately intervene in Chandni Chowk and arrest those who are distributing money and cancel Sibbal's nomination.
— ashutosh (@ashutosh83B) April 9, 2014
Reacting to Ashutosh`s charge, Sibal said said that the AAP leader should file an FIR and provide evidence to prove his claim.
“When you lose support then you make such baseless allegations. I will get him prosecuted again,” the Union minister said.
“He is a novice in politics, he needs to learn a lot. All I can say is that I pity him,” Sibal added.
Dr Harshvardhan (BJP) is the third key candidate from the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone