Ask Rahul about lack of jobs, closed factories: Smriti Irani to people
Amethi: Actor-turned-BJP nominee Smriti Irani on Wednesday appealed to the people of Amethi to ask the sitting MP and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi about lack of employment opportunities for youths and closed industrial units in the constituency.
Canvassing for votes, Irani appealed to the people to ask Gandhi why he had failed "to provide opportunities of jobs to youths of Amethi".
She also asked why more than 200 factories downed their shutters here in the past 10 years when Gandhi was an MP.
Today, Irani campaigned in parts of the Jagdishpur Assembly segment.
Meanwhile, BSP candidate Dharmendra Pratap Singh held several election meetings in the Gauriganj Assembly segment. Singh was accompanied by Ramesh Gautam, BSP coordinator for Faizabad division.
Earlier in the day, AAP mobilised groups of women to canvass for its candidate Kumar Vishwas in the Salon Assembly segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad
- PM Modi meets Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS today
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal asks Modi govt 'What are you waiting for?'
- Putin slams Russian space failures after delayed launch