Ask Rahul about lack of jobs, closed factories: Smriti Irani to people
Amethi: Actor-turned-BJP nominee Smriti Irani on Wednesday appealed to the people of Amethi to ask the sitting MP and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi about lack of employment opportunities for youths and closed industrial units in the constituency.
Canvassing for votes, Irani appealed to the people to ask Gandhi why he had failed "to provide opportunities of jobs to youths of Amethi".
She also asked why more than 200 factories downed their shutters here in the past 10 years when Gandhi was an MP.
Today, Irani campaigned in parts of the Jagdishpur Assembly segment.
Meanwhile, BSP candidate Dharmendra Pratap Singh held several election meetings in the Gauriganj Assembly segment. Singh was accompanied by Ramesh Gautam, BSP coordinator for Faizabad division.
Earlier in the day, AAP mobilised groups of women to canvass for its candidate Kumar Vishwas in the Salon Assembly segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi