Ask Rahul about lack of jobs, closed factories: Smriti Irani to people
Amethi: Actor-turned-BJP nominee Smriti Irani on Wednesday appealed to the people of Amethi to ask the sitting MP and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi about lack of employment opportunities for youths and closed industrial units in the constituency.
Canvassing for votes, Irani appealed to the people to ask Gandhi why he had failed "to provide opportunities of jobs to youths of Amethi".
She also asked why more than 200 factories downed their shutters here in the past 10 years when Gandhi was an MP.
Today, Irani campaigned in parts of the Jagdishpur Assembly segment.
Meanwhile, BSP candidate Dharmendra Pratap Singh held several election meetings in the Gauriganj Assembly segment. Singh was accompanied by Ramesh Gautam, BSP coordinator for Faizabad division.
Earlier in the day, AAP mobilised groups of women to canvass for its candidate Kumar Vishwas in the Salon Assembly segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah