At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
Guwahati: At least 65 Electronic Voting Machines have been replaced so far during elections for the last six Lok Sabha seats in Assam on Thursday due to different types of malfunctioning.
The maximum number of 21 EVMs were replaced in the Gauhati seat, eight in Kokrajhar, three in Dhubri, 16 in Barpeta, 12 in Mangaldoi and five in Nowgong, returning officers said.
During the first phase of polling in Assam for five Lok Sabha seats in April 7, at least 93 EVMs were replaced.
On April 12, the EC replaced 40 EVMs during the second phase of polling for three seats due to malfunctioning and miscreants trying to break it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach