At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
Guwahati: At least 65 Electronic Voting Machines have been replaced so far during elections for the last six Lok Sabha seats in Assam on Thursday due to different types of malfunctioning.
The maximum number of 21 EVMs were replaced in the Gauhati seat, eight in Kokrajhar, three in Dhubri, 16 in Barpeta, 12 in Mangaldoi and five in Nowgong, returning officers said.
During the first phase of polling in Assam for five Lok Sabha seats in April 7, at least 93 EVMs were replaced.
On April 12, the EC replaced 40 EVMs during the second phase of polling for three seats due to malfunctioning and miscreants trying to break it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco