Atal, Advani era ended, says Vajpayee`s niece Karuna Shukla
Lucknow: Congress leader Karuna Shukla on Saturday said era of "Atal and Advani" has come to an end in BJP and now personality cult has gripped the party.
"The era of Atal and Advani has come to an end in BJP and now personality cult has gripped the party which has been captured by foxes," former Prime Minister Atal Bihar Vajpayee`s niece Shukla said here.
"Earlier, it used to be party government now its Modi sarkar. When Modi failed to follow `pati dharma` how could he fulfil `Rastradharma`?" she asked.
Shukla also said the moral values in BJP had vanished due to which she had to leave the party after being there for 32 years.
She said Congress had honoured Vajpayee by fielding her from Bilaspur seat in Chhattisgarh.
Appealing to the people of Lucknow to defeat BJP, Shukla said, "Now they are talking of Gujarat model and not about Atal model. You all should wake up and vote against the party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days