Attacker apologises after Arvind Kejriwal meets him
New Delhi: An autorickshaw driver Wednesday apologised to Arvind Kejriwal after the AAP leader called on him, and admitted that slapping him was a "big mistake".
"I`ve committed a big mistake. I should have never done what I did. I consider him (Kejriwal) as a god," 38-year-old Lali told reporters after Kejriwal went to meet him at his residence in Kirari, west Delhi.
Lali Tuesday slapped the former Delhi chief minister in Sultanpuri while he campaigning for the AAP candidate in Lok Sabha poll, leaving the 45-year-old Aam Aadmi Party leader with a swollen left eye.
The attacker then denounced Kejriwal as a "liar".
"I was unhappy and wanted to meet him (Kejriwal) but couldn`t. I even went to the janata darbar but failed to meet him there as well," said Lali when he was asked why did he attack Kejriwal.
AAP`s Rakhi Birla, who is contesting from the constituency, and party leader Manish Sisodia accompanied Kejriwal.
Kejriwal Tuesday said he faced a threat to life after being slapped.
"These attacks are scripted. When they (attackers) are arrested, they repeat the (same) script," Kejriwal told the media.
"Why are all the attacks taking place only on us?" Kejriwal asked. "There will be more attacks, and we can also get killed."
The AAP chief will also be meeting 19-year-old Abdul Wahid, a resident of Delhi`s Jamia Nagar area who twice punched him at a public rally April 4.
Kejriwal was with his party`s South Delhi Lok Sabha candidate Devendra Sherawat and three legislators when the attack took place in south Delhi`s Dakshinpuri area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what