Azam Khan booked for `revenge` remarks in Sambhal
Sambhal: Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan was on Saturday booked here on charges of inciting communal passions through his election speech.
On April 9, in his speech at an election rally here, the senior Samajwadi Party leader had allegedly exhorted the electorate to take revenge from the rioters of Muzaffarnagar by pressing the button in the Lok Sabha polls.
Interestingly, BJP leader Amit Shah, who along with Khan was yesterday barred by the Election Commission from holding public meetings, has also been booked for instigation people to take "revenge" of Muzaffarnagar by pressing button.
Block Development Officer (BDO) Satish Pandey lodged the FIR under Section 153 A IPC (inciting communal passions through words spoken or written) and 125 (Peoples Representation Act), official sources here said.
"The country has not to be given in the hands of a murderer... The murderers of Muzaffarnagar should be avenged by pressing the button," Azam Khan had allegedly said in the speech.
Earlier in the day, the controversial SP leader was also booked in Ghaziabad on charges of promoting enmity on ground of religion and other offences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!