Baba Ramdev made derogatory comments against Dalits: Congress
Bhopal: Congressmen led by Bhopal Lok Sabha candidate PC Sharma filed a complaint against yoga guru Ramdev on Monday for making allegedly derogatory statements against Dalits and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
Before filing the complaint, Congressmen took out a march from Rajiv Gandhi Square in protest against Ramdev.
They demanded registration of an FIR against Ramdev under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and the SC/ST Act.
When the police told them that it would probe the complaint before filing an FIR, agitated Congressmen set fire to Ramdev`s effigy in protest.
Sharma alleged that Ramdev has insulted the entire Dalit community by making such a statement against them and Rahul Gandhi.
He warned that if the police failed to register an FIR against Ramdev, then the Congress would intensify its agitation on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief