Baba Ramdev made derogatory comments against Dalits: Congress
Bhopal: Congressmen led by Bhopal Lok Sabha candidate PC Sharma filed a complaint against yoga guru Ramdev on Monday for making allegedly derogatory statements against Dalits and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.
Before filing the complaint, Congressmen took out a march from Rajiv Gandhi Square in protest against Ramdev.
They demanded registration of an FIR against Ramdev under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and the SC/ST Act.
When the police told them that it would probe the complaint before filing an FIR, agitated Congressmen set fire to Ramdev`s effigy in protest.
Sharma alleged that Ramdev has insulted the entire Dalit community by making such a statement against them and Rahul Gandhi.
He warned that if the police failed to register an FIR against Ramdev, then the Congress would intensify its agitation on the issue.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS
- West Bengal polls: Bhawanipur to witness star-studded electoral battle
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO