Bengal number one in expenditure under 100-day scheme: Mamata Banerjee
Kolkata: Quoting the Union Rural Development Ministry, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday said that West Bengal had emerged number one in terms of expenditure on employment generation under the 100-days work scheme.
"West Bengal is now number one state in the country in terms of expenditure on employment generation under 100-days work scheme as reported on April 23, 2014 in the website of the Union Rural Development Ministry, Government of India," Banerjee said on Facebook.
She said that the state acheived expenditure of more than Rs 5,521 crore in 2013-14, which is highest in the country under the 100-days work programme.
The chief minister pointed out that out of that figure, Rs 1,815 crore was a liability and not received from the Government of India.
Banerjee claimed that the performance proved that Bengal had changed for the betterment of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?