Berhampur MLA provided security after bomb blast
Berhampur: Security has been provided to Berhampur BJD MLA R C Chyaupatnaik after the bomb blast near his house here on Monday, police said on Thursday.
"The MLA initially declined security, but we convinced him to accept a personal security officer. Police personnel have been deployed near his residence," Berhampur superintendent of police Anirudha Singh said.
Chyaupatnaik can avail the service of the PSO till counting of votes on May 16, the police said.
The four-time BJD MLA, who sought re-election from Berhampur, had not asked for security during electioneering for the April 10 polls in Berhampur.
"I have no personal enemity with anyone. The bomb blast could have been the handiwork of mischief mongers," he said.
Police have also increased night patrolling in the city after the incident in which none was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news