Bhujbal back-stabbed Bal Thackeray; steeped in corruption: Raj
Nashik: MNS chief Raj Thackeray on Saturday launched a scathing attack on PWD Minister and NCP nominee from Nashik Lok Sabha seat Chhagan Bhujbal, alleging he had "back-stabbed" Shiv Sena supremo late Bal Thackeray.
"Bhujbal is also not speaking the truth about his educational qualifications and is telling people that he is BE. But in his affidavit filed before the returning officer, he has mentioned his education as SSC," Raj told an election rally here.
He also appealed to people to ensure that their names figure in the voters list.
"In Pune where polling was held on April 17, names of at least 1-1.25 lakh voters were missing from the lists and as a result they could not cast their votes. This is a conspiracy by Congress which has blackened the face of democracy," the MNS chief claimed.
Raj reiterated his party`s support to Narendra Modi as the Prime Ministerial candidate. "MNS MPs will support Modi but will not hanker for posts of ministers in his government," Raj said.
Firing a fresh salvo at Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray, Raj said "Uddhav had invited Bhujbal to the dinner, who had back-stabbed Bal Thackeray and defamed him. Bhujbal had also dared to arrest Bal Thackeray when he was Home Minister".
Training his guns at Bhujbal, Raj said "Bhujbal runs the Samata Parishad in the name of late Jyotiba Phule but has not given Phule`s name to his college here which is run by Mumbai Education Trust.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise