Bihar gets ready for Lok Sabha polls
Patna: Bihar is all set to face world`s largest elections, poll officials and security forces get ready to conduct polling in a peaceful manner in the region for mammoth democratic exercise.
Chief Secretary, government of Bihar, Ashok Kumar Sinha on Monday said that proper arrangement has been done. So that voters can cast their vote without any pressure or fear.
"As you all know the first phase of the election will be held on 10th of April in Bihar. The polling will take place for six parliamentary constituencies in eight districts. We have done proper arrangement for all the voters so that they can cast their vote without any pressure and fear and we have also taken care that no one can influence any person through favours," Sinha said.
In the wake of possible violence, adequate security personnel have been deployed to conduct the polls in a free and fair manner.
"We have been doing the preparation from past three months. We have identified the area where weak section of society resides. We have also identified the people who can pressurise them and we have started taking lawful action against them. We have taken bond from people and even we have arrested some of them," Sinha added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj