Bihar offers reward for pre-poll tip-offs on bombs
Patna: Authorities in Bihar`s Maoist-affected East Champaran Lok Sabha constituency Saturday announced cash awards of up to Rs.1 lakh for information about explosive devices being planted ahead of the last phase of the general elections.
The Motihari district administration announced cash award of Rs.1 lakh for anyone providing news about people carrying bombs, said Superintendent of Police Vinay Kumar.
It would also pay Rs.10,000 to anyone giving information about planting of bombs anywhere in the district.
Police said six Maoists and a dozen supporters have been rounded up as a preventive measure.
Central paramilitary forces have been deployed at 18 border outpost in the district that shares its border with Nepal.
All polling staff have been asked to remain under the security of paramilitary forces till completion of their election duties.
Six constituencies - East Champaran, West Champaran, Valmikinagar, Vaishali, Gopalganj and Siwan - will vote in the last phase of the Lok Sabha polls May 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP