BJD chief whip indicates conditional support to NDA
Bhubaneswar: A senior BJD leader today indicated conditional support by his party to NDA in government formation at the Centre.
"Keeping in view the opinion of the whole country and the state`s interest, there should be no problem in providing conditional support to NDA to form government at the Centre," BJD`s chief whip Pravat Tripathy told a news channel.
The party would support NDA if BJP leaders promise to accord special category status to Odisha, a long-standing demand of the state, he said adding BJD as a regional party should keep in mind the interest of the state.
This apart, BJD would also like to get a clear assurance from the Centre that no part of Odisha would be affected by implementation of the Polavaram multi-purpose project in Andhra Pradesh, said another BJD leader.
BJD chief and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, has however, all along claimed BJD maintained equal distance from both Congress and BJP since it severed electoral ties with the saffron party in 2009.
Patnaik had also said earlier that Narendra Modi did not have a pan-Indian acceptance to become the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India