BJD chief whip indicates conditional support to NDA
Bhubaneswar: A senior BJD leader today indicated conditional support by his party to NDA in government formation at the Centre.
"Keeping in view the opinion of the whole country and the state`s interest, there should be no problem in providing conditional support to NDA to form government at the Centre," BJD`s chief whip Pravat Tripathy told a news channel.
The party would support NDA if BJP leaders promise to accord special category status to Odisha, a long-standing demand of the state, he said adding BJD as a regional party should keep in mind the interest of the state.
This apart, BJD would also like to get a clear assurance from the Centre that no part of Odisha would be affected by implementation of the Polavaram multi-purpose project in Andhra Pradesh, said another BJD leader.
BJD chief and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, has however, all along claimed BJD maintained equal distance from both Congress and BJP since it severed electoral ties with the saffron party in 2009.
Patnaik had also said earlier that Narendra Modi did not have a pan-Indian acceptance to become the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title
- Unlikely Kerala nursing student was forced to drink toilet cleaner, says Karnataka police
- Coolpad launches virtual reality headset at Rs 999
- Grounds need to be watered, match or no match: Narendra Modi on IPL drought row