BJD objects to BJP advertisement, moves EC
Bhubaneswar: Terming the BJP advertisements published in some newspapers here Wednesday as violation of the model code of conduct, Odisha`s ruling Biju Janata Dal has moved the EC demanding action.
BJD vice president Kalpataru Das said the advertisements carried the photo of BJP state president K.V. Singh Deo, who is contesting the assembly election from Patnagarh where balloting will be held Thursday.
The advertisement appeared a day after the election campaigning ended in the region, Das said.
"This is a violation of the model code of conduct. We have demanded necessary action against the party and Singh Deo," he told reporters here after meeting the state`s Chief Electoral Officer Mona Sharma.
Polling for 21 Lok Sabha seats and the 147-member assembly would be held simultaneously April 10 and 17.
About 1.35 crore voters will decide the fate of 98 candidates for the Lok Sabha and 688 aspirants for the 70 assembly seats in the first phase of polling Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof