BJD objects to BJP advertisement, moves EC
Bhubaneswar: Terming the BJP advertisements published in some newspapers here Wednesday as violation of the model code of conduct, Odisha`s ruling Biju Janata Dal has moved the EC demanding action.
BJD vice president Kalpataru Das said the advertisements carried the photo of BJP state president K.V. Singh Deo, who is contesting the assembly election from Patnagarh where balloting will be held Thursday.
The advertisement appeared a day after the election campaigning ended in the region, Das said.
"This is a violation of the model code of conduct. We have demanded necessary action against the party and Singh Deo," he told reporters here after meeting the state`s Chief Electoral Officer Mona Sharma.
Polling for 21 Lok Sabha seats and the 147-member assembly would be held simultaneously April 10 and 17.
About 1.35 crore voters will decide the fate of 98 candidates for the Lok Sabha and 688 aspirants for the 70 assembly seats in the first phase of polling Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why