BJP accuses AAP, Congress of `hidden understanding`
New Delhi: BJP on Monday accused Aam Admi Party of having a "hidden understanding" with Congress after its candidates left the poll fray from Ajmer and Farrukhabad seats, from where Sachin Pilot and Union minister Salman Khurshid are contesting.
"AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal had gone to Farrukhabad to expose Salman Khurshid sometime ago. Now these two instances of AAP are the firm indication of some hidden understanding between Congress and AAP," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said here.
AAP candidate from Ajmer, Ajay Somani, withdrew his nomination papers on the last day of withdrawal of nominations on Saturday. Congress has fielded Pilot from the seat.
Alleging "corruption" in the outfit, AAP`s Farrukhabad candidate against Khurshid today withdrew from the contest.
Mukul Tripathi has also resigned from the party.
BJP had earlier also accused Congress and AAP of working hand in glove to prevent the saffron party from coming to power both at the Centre and in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet