BJP accuses AAP, Congress of `hidden understanding`
New Delhi: BJP on Monday accused Aam Admi Party of having a "hidden understanding" with Congress after its candidates left the poll fray from Ajmer and Farrukhabad seats, from where Sachin Pilot and Union minister Salman Khurshid are contesting.
"AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal had gone to Farrukhabad to expose Salman Khurshid sometime ago. Now these two instances of AAP are the firm indication of some hidden understanding between Congress and AAP," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said here.
AAP candidate from Ajmer, Ajay Somani, withdrew his nomination papers on the last day of withdrawal of nominations on Saturday. Congress has fielded Pilot from the seat.
Alleging "corruption" in the outfit, AAP`s Farrukhabad candidate against Khurshid today withdrew from the contest.
Mukul Tripathi has also resigned from the party.
BJP had earlier also accused Congress and AAP of working hand in glove to prevent the saffron party from coming to power both at the Centre and in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH